Yes, I know, no matter if your children are 1, 5 or 9 years old, traveling with kids can be rather “hectic”. Before you leave you are stressing out about things that normally are a routine part of your day. What will they eat there, are they even going to like it? Why can’t I book a room for two adults and two kids? Can I get a special seat in the plain? more...
Yes, I know, no matter if your children are 1, 5 or 9 years old, traveling with kids can be rather “hectic”. Before you leave you are stressing out about things that normally are a routine part of your day. What will they eat there, are they even going to like it? Why can’t I book a room for two adults and two kids? Can I get a special seat in the plain? Is there enough to do in that resort for my little one? Do I need to take care of vaccinations? All kinds of questions that are buzzing through our heads before we leave! Taking your kids on a plane can be stressful, especially when you travel with a child the first time! To make things easier, I have put together some tips that could help stressing parents through their day!
1. Let your kids wear brightly colored t-shirts or sweaters. This way you will be able to quickly spot them in an airport crowd.
2. Give your kids a bracelet with your cell phone number. In case you loose one the “finder” can give you a call!
3. Let everyone carry his or her own backpack or trolley with hand luggage. Ideally every ones luggage has its own color.
4. Make sure you arrive on time at the airport!
5. Let your kids wear shoes that are easy to put on and off. Various airports require you to remove your shoes and… 3 pair of sneakers with shoestrings is not that handy as you can imagine.
6. Papa should go first through customs followed by the kids and Mama should go last. This way Dad can take care of the kids and retrieve all the trolleys from the luggage belt while Mama follows with the kids and can put on their shoes when needed.
7. Find an easy-to-find meeting spot or even better sit down at a cafeteria where you can comfortably park your hand luggage.
8. Find something fun to do at the airport. Go grab a bite or buy a little toy. This way your kids will think about the airport as a fun place!
9. Before boarding the plane…. Everyone to the bathroom, a trip to the bathroom shortly after you have managed to get the whole gang in their seats is not only a hassle for you but also for your fellow passengers and when things takes a while the crew may get a little impatient ?.
10. After getting on the plane everyone hands over his trolley to Daddy and Jack, who is likely the tallest, sticks them in the overhead bins. Time to sit down and buckle in.
11. Give your kids a piece of gum before taking off to avoid aching ears due to the change of air pressure in the cabin.
12. Before take off, hand you’re kids a toy that will keep them occupied for at least an hour.
13. Do you have a box of cleaning wipes at hand or are they stuck somewhere in one of the trolleys?
14. Relax and remember you are on vacation; it sure is going to be fun!
This way everything should work out just fine! :)